Friday, October 17, 2008

We Haven't Fallen

Off of the face of the earth that is. I haven't posted for a while I know. We were blessed with a wonderful trip to Florida last week and this week has been spent recooperating!! We had such a good time. Joshua didn't really like all of the goings on and wouldn't really let anyone hold him without a fuss, but was a big hit none the less. Allie had a ball playing with her cousins and her Ninny and Pa. She told me one morning when She woke up, "Pa's my fwend." Now Pa if that doesn't melt your heart I don't know what could!

Today was Joshua's 2 month appointment. His numbers are:

Weight: 12.6

Height: 23.5

He is in the 50th percentile all the way around. What a perfectly proportioned little dude! He looks so big because he is so much bigger than Allie was but it turns out he is right in the middle of his fellow boy comrades. He is absolutely precious! I swear he has my heart in the palm of his hand. He had to get his shots today and he went from smiling at the nurse to having the most pitiful look you have ever seen in about two seconds. I am so thankful that they forget all about it though. Within two seconds of nursing he was my content little Joshua again. I doped him up with Tylenol and he has been sleeping ever since. Notice the wittle tiny band-aids on his wittle tiny legs:(
Allie is getting cuter and cuter and at the same time getting sassier and sassier. She told me yesterday to "drop the attitude." When I tell her to stop doing something she comes up to me and points that tiny little finger in my face and gives me a look that can kill. She is by far the sweetest two year old I have ever met, and by far the sassiest. If she didn't get it so honest I would worry about her:) We are so much alike it is funny. I love her more than she could ever imagine!

3 comments:

SANDY said...

I'LL SAY SHE GETS IT HONEST, BUT YOU DIDN'T GET THAT SASSY TILL YOU TURNED 13. WE MISS HAVING YA'LL HERE. WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. GIVE THE KIDS A BIG KISS FOR ME. I LOVE YA'LL

Dianne said...

Welcome back, Little Sister,

We missed y'all at church Sunday. But, I know you were glad to be with your family in Florida.

You look glowing. Radiant. You've returned more beautiful than you were before little Josh occupied your space.

Josh'es little legs are going to be sore...but, you're right, he won't remember this incident. After a couple of days you won't even know where the injection site is.

Allie's feeling her Big Sister status, huh? How funny, but, how precious her attitude. She's actually too little to have one!

Glad to see you back here and, the Lord willing, we'll see you all Sunday.

Love you all THIS big!

Sis. Gail from Camp Creek said...

Dana, you definitely have two beautiful children. Thanks for adding a beautiful picture of yourself, too. That one picture of Joshua in just his little diaper and grinning so big looks just like his mama. I thought for sure he was going to look like Bro. Michael, but no, he's not. That's the way it usually is, little girls look like Daddy, and little boys look like Mama. Don't worry about little Allie's attitude; that's a typical little girl trying to act like Mommie. She's so precious. Thanks for sharing you life with us. I love it! Hope to see you soon! My love to you all, Sis. Gail