Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whoo Whee!!

That is my motto these days. Along with, Phew, My Goodness, I have to sit down, etc etc. I forgot what it took to get ready for a little buger. I also forgot about the uncontrollable "nesting" urges that mothers-to-be experience. I have been a little tornado around here trying to get things done, and poor Michael has been dragged into my madness! That's OK though. Four and a half weeks to go and everything is pretty much done. His bassinet is ready. The pack n play has been converted to a changing table. Four loads of little laundry have been done. Burp clothes and the diaper bag have been purchased. The baby bed is now out of Allie's room (which caused me to cry uncontrollably because I kept on imagining her reaching for me when she was my baby!) and in what will be Joshua's room in a few months. The carpet has been shampooed (thank you honey). I could go on and on. So now maybe just maybe you understand why I haven't blogged recently. After a few words of "encouragement" from my mom and friends I decided I better get back on here though! I am doing really good. I am READY to see Joshua and hold him and squeeze him and kiss his little face off! I am also ready to see how Allie will react to him. I am trying to soak up as much alone time with her as I can because I know that our girlie days will be over in just a few weeks. It makes me really sad, but I am ready for this new "phase" in my life. My mom used to tell me that you don't really know what being a mom is until you have two hooligans to look after. Well, I am about to know and I am so ready. I know it's going to be hard. I know sleepless nights await me and uncontrollable crying will soon cause me to clasp my hands over my ears and beg God to make it stop. But all in all, I absolutely love the "newborn" stage and I haven't quit loving any of the "stages" children go through. I just love being a mommy and I can't wait to have to opportunity to mother my son! Thank you God for such awesome priveledges. What an incredible gift to us from our Maker. May we never forget to thank Him, and may we never stop realizing that all good gifts come from HIM!
Allie is not going to know what to do when her daddy goes back to work next week. That's right, NEXT WEEK! We have had such an awesome summer together and we will miss him terribly. Here are some pictures he took of her. See how she just lights up for her daddy!

No comments: