Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

You know a young girl always dreams of her prince. When I was really young, all I wanted was a rich man that would spoil me with all of the worldly goods that I could possibly desire. As I got a little bit older, I just wanted a hunk of burnin love muscle man. As I got a little bit older I wanted the man that would love to travel the world and take me to exotic romantic places. Then reality began to sink in and I realized that none of these things would make me happy. So a young Dana Sumner decided the one thing she wanted was a good Primitive Baptist man that would be an awesome husband and father. Wow, did the Lord grant my wish. Michael is the definition of a husband. He is so loving and caring and compassionate. He loves me with an indescribable love, and I still see that love in those beautiful blue eyes of his as he just looks at me as if to say, "you just don't know how much I love you." When Michael became the father of Allie, I fell into a deeper love with him than I ever dreamed imaginable. He is such a wonderful father. A true father. As we speak he is rocking that little girl of his and reading her a story and getting as many hugs and kisses as he can before he puts her to bed. In the morning, he will run to her room as she begins to wake and hold her for as long as she wants him too. I can't wait to see him in action with Joshua. Every day I try to thank God for this amazing man that he has allowed me to share this life with. Every day I want to pinch myself because I can't believe that a man like him really exists. Every day I love him more and more, and every day Allie is learning just how blessed she is to have Michael as her Daddy!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

What a wonderful testimony of how gut our God is.

I don't need your words to tell me of Michael's love for you and yours for him...nor how wonderfully "cocooned" Allie is in the love of both of her parents and the Lord. But, your words are appreciated and read with the greatest depth of love for you all.

In His love, I am,

Dianne (-: